New Student Resources
Welcome to Columbia University’s Master of Science in Sustainability Management and Sustainability Certification programs!
- Enrollment Confirmation In order to secure a place in the program you must complete the enrollment form within the online application system and submit a $500 tuition deposit. You have 15 days to do so from the date you receive your acceptance.
- Begin the Visa Process (International Students Only) Complete and submit the application for the form I-20 to the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO). Please note that this is only required of international students requiring a student (F-1) visa. If you are not a United States citizen or permanent resident, you must be a full-time student at Columbia in order to be eligible for a student (F-1) visa. If you have questions about the visa application process you can email the ISSO at email@example.com.Fee payment must accompany the online application.
- Apply for Housing The School of Professional Studies has some housing availability for students enrolled full-time in a Master of Science program at the School.
- Submit Official Admissions Documents (Provisionally Admitted Students Only) If you were provisionally admitted, you are required to send official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended to the Office of Enrollment Management prior to beginning your program. Please make sure your transcripts show degree conferral where appropriate.Students still actively pursuing their bachelor’s degree at the time of admission should wait until their degrees are conferred before sending transcripts to the Office of Enrollment Management.All international post-secondary credentials must be submitted in the original language along with both a certified English course-by-course credential evaluation and translation. You are required to use World Education Services, Inc. (WES) to fulfill this requirement. Students who submitted a WES evaluation before completion of their degree are not required to submit a second WES evaluation. In order to fulfill the provisions of your admission, you simply need to submit an updated final transcript showing degree conferral (with a translation, if applicable).Official transcripts must arrive in envelopes sealed by the issuing institutions certifying conferral of a bachelor’s degree where appropriate. All documents should be sent to the following address:Office of Enrollment Management
School of Professional Studies
203 Lewisohn Hall
2970 Broadway, Mail Code 4119
New York, NY 10027
- Complete Haven and Welcome to Columbia Tutorials The Office of University Life has prepared online tutorials to introduce you to many of Columbia’s essential policies and resources. These tutorials are required for all incoming students and must be completed before you arrive for orientation as they provide an important foundation for your membership in the University community. New Students will receive an email with details on how to access and complete the tutorials.
- Register for and Attend Orientation
Spring 2018 Sustainability Program New Student Orientation will take place on Monday, January 8, 2018 from 6-9 PM on Columbia’s campus. The School of Professional Studies Orientation held for all incoming students will take place on Thursday, January 11, 2018 on Columbia’s campus.
- Submit Photo to ID Center To access libraries and secure campus locations, to purchase services at campus cafés and the University bookstore, and to take advantage of cultural discount programs in New York City, you must have a Columbia ID card. Read the instructions on how to submit your photo to the ID Center.
- Complete the Sexual Respect Initiative Requirement The Sexual Respect and Community Citizenship Initiative was created by students, faculty and administrators, and asks students to examine the link between sexual respect and membership in the Columbia community. The goal is to reinforce, for all Columbia students, that sexual respect is integral to being a member of this University community. You will receive an email with details on how to fulfill this requirement.
- Register for Classes Register for classes utilizing the instructions provided at orientation. Review the academic calendar for a comprehensive list of registration dates and other important deadlines.
- Select Insurance Option If you are enrolling full-time (12 credits or more each term), you must confirm your enrollment in the Basic level of the Columbia Student Medical Insurance Plan, upgrade your selection to the Comprehensive level, or request a waiver. If you are enrolling in fewer than 12 credits each term, you may opt into receiving health insurance through Columbia, but are not required to do so.
- Review Your Student Account Statement Online Your E-bill statement will be available through Student Services Online (SSOL). You will receive an alert at your Columbia email address indicating that it is available. Please visit the Student Financial Services website to find out more about financial aid and tuition payment options.
New Student Webinar Series
The School of Professional Studies produces a webinar series to address many of the questions you may have, and we invite you to view the webinars below, to learn about important topics.